Peterson Portable Sawmills designed the world’s first commercial ‘swingblade’ portable sawmill over 30 years ago, and continue to be leaders in sawmill innovation and design in the milling industry. With a range of high quality models to suit part-time sawmillers through to commercial operators, Peterson are your first choice in portable swingblade sawmills.
For over two decades, Peterson Portable Sawmills have been the passion and livelihood of thousands of satisfied sawmillers worldwide; from farmers and woodlot owners, to custom sawyers and commercial operators who enjoy after-sales service that is second to none.
With Peterson, you get what you pay for; a well designed, efficient and versatile portable sawmill that will SAVE you money on running costs. Don’t settle for anything less.
Reports of increased productivity come in weekly from commercial operators with some stating that the Peterson is the “best machine” they’ve ever purchased. One example is Australian miller Andrew Smith who has almost doubled the production of his previous manual model sawmill (competitor brand) since he purchased a Peterson Automated Swingblade Mill.
Watch this video of Andrew milling hardwood with the touch of a button during his on-site ASM training. Andrew now turns out 80 – 85 cross-ties per day without breaking a sweat.
Most Popular Peterson Sawmill Pages
Videos of Portable Sawmills
WHY CHOOSE PETERSON PORTABLE SAWMILLS?
“My friend has a big bandsaw mill (Woodland Pro 4000), but he can’t handle long and large diameter logs. So my Peterson mill, with extra rails, was just what was needed to do the job. Now I have more work that no other mill in the area can do!” – Steve Cannon. Read more testimonials
LOW BLADE MAINTENANCE COSTS
- Easy and affordable blade maintenance
- Sharpen your blade while it’s still on the mill
- Blades can last more than 10 years
See the evidence with the Peterson’s Swingblade Maintenance Comparison Sheet
MILL WIDE BOARDS AND SLABS
- Innovative double cutting – the first swingblade mill to allow a true double cut
- No need to turn the head unit around like cheap imitation mills
- Wide boards and slabs can be twice as valuable as dimensional lumber
Witness the ease of Double Cutting with a Peterson Portable Sawmill
CUSTOMISED PORTABLE SAWMILLS FOR YOUR NEEDS
- Peterson’s range of portable sawmills are customised to the purchaser’s application
- Select a standard model and choose the extras or upgrades you need
- A sawmill for everyone from part-timers (Junior Peterson) to commercial operators (Automated Swingblade) and everyone in between (All Terrain Sawmill, Winch Production Frame and Dedicated Wide Slabber).
Compare our sawmill range with this easy-to-read one page document
SO IMPRESSIVE TO SEE IN ACTION
Peterson swingblade sawmills need to be seen to be believed. While our mills are manufactured in New Zealand, we have developed a great presence worldwide by way of our Agents, Owner’s Network and Representatives. There are many ways you can see a Peterson mill in action including:
- Sawmill Photos
- Peterson’s YouTube Channel
- Shows and Demonstration Schedule
- Private Demonstration from a Peterson Sawmiller
- Visit the Peterson Factory by arrangement