Peterson Portable Sawmills designed the world’s first commercial ‘swingblade’ portable sawmill over 30 years ago, and continue to be leaders in sawmill innovation and design in the milling industry. With a range of high quality models to suit part-time sawmillers through to commercial operators, make Peterson your first choice in portable swingblade sawmills.
Sawmill options to suit your needs
For over two decades, Peterson Portable Sawmills have been the passion and livelihood of thousands of satisfied sawmillers worldwide; from farmers and woodlot owners, to custom sawyers and commercial operators who enjoy after-sales service that is second to none.
With Peterson, you get what you pay for; a well designed, efficient and versatile portable sawmill with features that will SAVE you money on running costs. Like Butch says, don’t settle for anything less.
“After looking at 1-2 man manual saw mills for 5 years I am certain that a swing mill is the best for most needs and Peterson certainly makes the most versatile of the lot. I am sure glad that I waited to purchase a mill until I could afford the best and didn’t settle for less!” – Butch Cherrington
Improve your production rate with a Peterson
Reports of increased milling productivity come in weekly from commercial operators with some stating that the Peterson is the “best forestry or agriculture machine” they’ve ever purchased. One example is Australian miller Andrew Smith who has almost doubled the production of his previous manual model sawmill (competitor brand) since he purchased a Peterson Automated Swingblade Mill.
Watch this video of Andrew milling hardwood with the touch of a button during his on-site ASM training. Andrew now turns out 80 – 85 cross-ties per day without breaking a sweat.
Portable Sawmill Videos
Why choose Peterson Portable Sawmills?
“My friend has a big bandsaw mill (Woodland Pro 4000), but he can’t handle long and large diameter logs. So my Peterson mill, with extra rails, was just what was needed to do the job. Now I have more work that no other mill in the area can do!” – Steve Cannon.
Read more testimonials
You won’t waste time and money on blades.
- All mills are sold with two Peterson blades – this will be all you need to start with
- An electric diamond wheel sharpener is included with each mill sold
- Sharpen your blade while it’s still on the mill in under 10 minutes
- A Re-Tipping Jig is available as an optional extra so you can replace the teeth
- Blades have been known to last more than 10 years!
See the evidence with the Peterson’s Swingblade Maintenance Comparison Sheet
You can mill wide boards and timber slabs.
- Innovative double cutting – the first swingblade mill to allow a true double cut
- No need to turn the head unit around like imitation mills
- Wide boards and slabs can be twice as valuable as dimensional lumber
Witness the ease of Double Cutting with a Peterson Portable Sawmill
Each sawmill is customised to your requirements.
- Peterson’s range of portable sawmills are customised to the purchaser’s application
- Select a standard model and choose the extras or upgrades you need
- A sawmill for everyone from part-timers (Junior Peterson) to commercial operators (Automated Swingblade) and everyone in between (All Terrain Sawmill, Winch Production Frame and Dedicated Wide Slabber).
Compare our sawmill range with this easy-to-read one page document
See the evidence for yourself!
Peterson swingblade sawmills need to be seen to be believed. While our mills are manufactured in New Zealand, we have developed a great presence worldwide by way of our Agents, Owner’s Network and Representatives. There are many ways you can see a Peterson mill in action including:
- Sawmill Photos
- Peterson’s YouTube Channel
- Shows and Demonstration Schedule
- Private Demonstration from a Peterson Sawmiller
- Visit the Peterson Factory by arrangement