Peterson Portable Sawmills designed the world’s first commercial ‘swingblade’ portable sawmill and continue to be leaders in innovation and design in the sawmilling industry.
For over two decades, Peterson Portable Sawmills have been the passion and livelihood of thousands of satisfied customers worldwide; from farmers and woodlot owners, to custom portable sawmillers and commercial operators who enjoy after-sales service that is second to none. With Peterson, you get what you pay for; a well designed, efficient and versatile portable sawmill that will SAVE you money on running costs. Don’t settle for anything less.
Reports of increased productivity flow in weekly from commercial operators with some stating that the Peterson is the “best machine” they’ve ever purchased. One example is Australian sawmiller Andrew Smith who has almost doubled the production of his previous manual model sawmill (competitor brand) since he purchased a Peterson Automated Swingblade Mill. Watch this video of Andrew during his on-site ASM operation training, cutting hard wood with the touch of a button. Andrew now turns out 80 – 85 cross-ties per day without breaking a sweat.
Manual & automated mills
Visit our top pages!
WHY CHOOSE PETERSON PORTABLE SAWMILLS?
“My friend has a big bandsaw mill (Woodland Pro 4000), but he can’t handle long and large diameter logs. So my Peterson mill, with extra rails, was just what was needed to do the job. Things worked out great and the client is very happy. He loves the rustic look of the circle saw cut timbers. While we were out there working, a log truck owner came by and saw the Peterson Sawmill in action. He asked me if he could bring some logs to my property and have them milled up into large, long beams. More work that no other mill in the area can do!” – Steve Cannon. Read more testimonials
LOW BLADE MAINTENANCE COSTS
- Easy and affordable blade maintenance
- Sharpen your blade while it’s still on the mill
- Blades can last more than 10 years
See the evidence with the Peterson’s Swingblade Maintenance Comparison Sheet
MILL WIDE BOARDS AND SLABS
- Innovative double cutting – the first swingblade mill to allow a true double cut
- No need to turn the head unit around like cheap imitation mills
- Wide boards and slabs can be twice as valuable as dimensional lumber
Witness the ease of Double Cutting with a Peterson Portable Sawmill
CUSTOMISED SAWMILLS FOR YOUR NEEDS
- Peterson Sawmills are customised to the purchaser’s application
- Select a standard model and choose the extras or upgrades you need
- A sawmill for everyone from part-timers (Junior Peterson) to commercial operators (Automated Swingblade) and everyone in between (All Terrain Sawmill, Winch Production Frame and Dedicated Wide Slabber).
Compare our sawmill range with this easy-to-read one page document.
SO IMPRESSIVE TO SEE IN ACTION
Peterson swingblade sawmills need to be seen to be believed. While our mills are manufactured in New Zealand, we have developed a great presence worldwide by way of our Owner’s Network and Peterson Representatives. There are many ways you can see a Peterson swingblade mill in action including:
- Sawmill Photos
- Peterson’s YouTube Channel
- Shows and Demonstration Schedule
- Private Demonstration from a Peterson Sawmiller
- Visit the Peterson Factory by arrangement