Log handling tools
Move, lift, and roll logs within your sawing site
Peterson Portable Sawmills offer a range of log handling tools for use within your milling site. From leveraging to rolling, positioning to lifting, our range of handling accessories will help you move their logs to where they need to be… within your sawmill tracks!
• Peterson canthook (for rolling and positioning logs). Canthooks are used to roll, lift and pivot logs. Peterson’s canthooks are made using mild steel making them easier to use and stronger than traditional wooden canthooks. Priced from $100 (NZD)*
• Peterson cant carrier (for cants up to 24” wide). Priced from $200 (NZD)*
• Log lever (for shifting/levering logs). Priced from $150 (NZD)*
• BlackRat timberjack (modified for large logs). Priced from $305 (NZD)*
• Tuggerwinch & cable (1.6 or 3.2 tonne). Priced from $1450 (NZD)*
• EZ Dogs set (two pairs with two extra spikes). EZ Dogs are the perfect portable sawmill accessory to carry in your kit, particularly if you mill using 4×4 log bunks. They’re made of aluminium and are versatile; able to be adjusted to suit your bunks and logs of any size. Priced from $204 (NZD)*
Call Peterson HQ today to enquire about which log handling tools we recommend for your needs. We can also give you tips on how to set your site up for the most efficient production of lumber.
*Portable sawmill accessories: prices exclude freight, delivery, clearance and taxes at the time of print. Prices frequently change due to currency fluctuations and may differ depending on your location. For updated prices, please contact our office.